The Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Clermont has made a solid place for itself since its creation in 1919. Under the patronage of the Ministry of Commerce, the city of Clermont-Ferrand, the Conseil Général du Puy-de-Dôme (General Council), the Chamber of Commerce and several companies in partnership with the General Council, the ESC Clermont welcomed a first class of 76 students. Since then, more than 11 000 men and women from all walks of life have trodden the grounds of the Trudaine campus.
Firmly open to the world around, the Group ESC Clermont has built strong relationships with regional and international economic stakeholders, partnerships with 100 establishments in more than 50 countries and has enriched its faculty by receiving professors and researchers who are strongly committed to the life of the school. New programmes, in line with the needs of the market make up those offered at the school: The Bachelor in International Management, created in 2007 or the Master in Management programme both figure prominently and regularly in national rankings (Le Figaro) and international rankings (Top 50 of the Financial Times);
The school has been recognized by the government since its inception, the visa ‘Programme Grande Ecole’ was renewed in 2009 for 6 years and the rank of Master in 2010 for a period of 5 years.
The school has been a member of the ‘Conférence des Grandes Ecoles’ since 1985, a member of the ‘Chapitre des Grandes Ecoles de Management’ since 1986, and in 2006 it received international recognition with the AACSB accreditation which was renewed in 2011 for 5 years.
The school is organized on a human scale and is committed to being open to diversity. It is a signatory of the charter of ‘Les Cordées de la Réussite’ and a leading member of the organization. In this context, it hosts the ‘Ecole de la 2e Chance Auvergne’ and trains and accompanies 260 young men and women every year.
After a brief period of 18 months as one of 4 graduate management schools that merged to form France Business School, Groupe ESC Clermont regained its autonomy in January 2015. With its nearly 100 year old history, resolutely turned towards all kinds of modern pedagogy, the digital world and entrepreneurship, the school today aims to be a place of learning, of experimentation and innovation for its students from all horizons, its networks and its environment. In 2015 the inauguration of its ‘Quartier des Labs’ along with the Business incubator created in 2014, will have been a strong marker of its project for 2020.
A nearly 100 year old history… to be continued !
- 1919: Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Clermont receives its first class of 76 students.
- 1929: 40 % of the students of ESC Clermont are women.
- 1949: ESC Clermont signs its first international partnership with the University of Kansas in Lawrence
- 1951: The Master in Management programme is recognized by the National Ministry of Education.
- 1979: Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Clermont becomes Groupe ESC Clermont and offers continuing education programmes.
- 1985–1986: Groupe ESC Clermont joins the ‘Conférence des Grandes Ecoles’, creates the ‘Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches (CER)’, and becomes a member of the very closed circle of the ‘Chapitre des Ecoles de Management’.
- 2005: The school obtains the ‘AASCB’ accreditation for the 1st
- 2007: Groupe ESC Clermont welcomes its first class of students for the Bachelor In International Management programme
- 2010– 2011 : The recognition of the Master’s degree is renewed for 5 years, as well as the AACSB accreditation. The Master in Management diploma is ranked for the 4th consecutive year in the Top 50 of the Financial Times, the ‘Audit-Expertise’ specialization figures in the Top 10. The Bachelor’s programme is ranked first in France (ranking of LE FIGARO) in 2011 and 2012
- 2013: The Groupe ESC Clermont merges with 3 French graduate management schools to form France Business School.
- 2014: Inauguration of the incubator, The Square Lab
- 2015: Groupe ESC Clermont breaks away from the merger and becomes independant. Inauguration of the ‘Quartier des Labs’