The centenary celebration ends with the international NIBES congress
A member of the international network of NIBES (Network of International Business and Economic Schools) since 1998, the centenary year was the ideal time to host the network’s annual congress for the first time.
The network was initially established to facilitate international student mobility. It has evolved over time to become a forum for discussions on academic mobility and research exchanges.
The conference began with a presentation of the multinational company Limagrain which presented its activities on a global scale and recalled its support for research and development.
Several workshops then took place covering feedback on different concepts and sharing of good practices such as the respective methods of building Master programmes, the integration of “quality” into teaching processes, the articulation between digital and classroom teaching, “coursebook” the internal digital syllabus and platform facilitating the exchange of “visiting professors” between partners.
In addition, ESC Clermont lecturers and researchers presented their current research topics: green bonds in finance, handling of intercultural management..
Two new members integrated the network after presenting their interest and candidacy to join :
- Aberdeen Business School of Robert Gordon University, Great Britain
- College of Management of Yuan Ze University, Taiwan
Beyond these formal exchange sessions, the partners were also able to enjoy more informal moments through different activities organized to discover the region and its surroundings (Puy de Dôme, Aventure Michelin…).
The next NIBES conference will be hosted in July 2020 in the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Gadjah Mada in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
The members of the NIBES network, to date:
- Pforzheim University, Germany
- FGV EBAPE, Brazil
- Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea
- University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Robert Gordon University, Scotland
- Caucasus University, Georgia
- Hiroshima University of Economics, Japan
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- Jain University, India
- Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia
- Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico
- ESAN, Peru
- Cracow University of Economics, Poland
- IBS-ISCTE Business School, Portugal
- MIRBIS, Moscow, Russia
- University of Ljubljana, School of Economics and Business, Slovenia
- Yuan Ze University, Taiwan
- University of Bilkent, Turkey
- Brigham Young University, USA